Leadership is a balancing act! You’re constantly juggling, working on multiple tracks at the same time. How do we stay balanced with so many people, projects and processes to juggle?
BLESSED ARE THE BALANCED!
It all starts with you; where you’re focusing your attention. What’s got your attention ? What are you focusing on?
“What you focus on expands. So focus on what you want, not on what you don’t want.” – Esther Jno-Charles
I offer you a checklist to focus on. Ask yourself these 52 questions and reflect on your current skill level in each. Really go deep inside yourself as a leader while you seek the answers to these 52 questions. You may even want to record your thoughts in a Self-Leadership Journal. From one leader to another…
- INTAKE – What images/words/substances am I taking into my mind, spirit and body?
- IMPRESSIONS – What is Jesus saying to me?
- INSIGHTS – What principles am I observing and learning?
- INTENT – What is motivating my feelings and choices at this moment?
- INTENTIONALITY – Am I choosing to be proactive or passive?
- INSISTENCE – Am I summoning the will to follow through?
- IMAGINATION – Am I visualizing success or failure?
- INTERNAL COMMITMENTS – What unspoken agreements have I made with myself?
- INFORMATION – What’s my system for collecting and managing information?
- INJURIES – Am I harboring any resentments?
- INCOMPLETES – What open loops are pulling at my attention?
- INTENSITY – Am I balancing the serious with the hilarious?
- INTELLECT – Am I challenging my mind?
- INTEGRITY – Am I congruent in what I think, feel, say and do?
- INTANGIBLES – Am I paying attention to morale?
- IMPLICATIONS – Am I asking and answering the “So, what?” question?
- IMMATURITY – Am I being defensive or teachable?
- IMBALANCE – Are my emotions under control?
- INSECURITIES – Am I healing wounds and overcoming fears?
- INITIATIVE – Am I making the first move, taking the first step accepting appropriate risk?
- INDUSTRIOUS – Have I decided to be productive today?
- INFERENCES – Is my “if-then” thinking accurate?
- INTERPRETATIONS – What is my paradigm for filtering my experience of reality?
- IMPULSES – Am I directing my desires to healthy ends?
- IDEALS – What values guide my actions?
- IDOLS – Am I putting God first?
- INSTINCTS – Is my sense of timing improving?
- INTUITION – Am I working from my strengths?
- INTERNALIZATIONS – What beliefs am I allowing to take root in my head and heart?
- INSPIRATION – How am I keeping my fire burning?
- ILLUSTRATIONS – Am I turning today’s experiences into stories I can tell?
- IMAGE – What image am I projecting to the world?
- INFLUENCE – What effect am I have on those around me?
- INTERACTIONS – Am I reacting to others with grace and truth?
- INNER CIRCLE – Am I surrounding myself with loyal, trustworthy, high-caliber people?
- INCOME – Am I telling my money where to go or wondering where it went?
- INTERCEDING – Am I praying for others’ needs?
- INTERESTS – Am I pursuing and enjoying hobbies?
- INNOVATION – Am I finding better ways to do things?
- IMPLEMENTATION – What changes am I putting into place?
- INTIMACY – Am I emotionally available for my family and friends?
- ISOLATION – Am I moving toward relationships or away from them?
- INTRODUCTIONS – Who am I meeting and networking with?
- INVESTMENT – Who am I mentoring?
- INTERRUPTIONS – Am I limiting distractions and focusing on priorities?
- INPUT – Am I asking for feedback?
- INTERDEPENDENCE – Am I building my team or trying to do it all myself?
- INTERVENTIONS – With whom do I need to have a courageous conversation?
- INSTRUCTION – What am I teaching my children?
- IMPROVISATION – Am I learning to think on my feet?
- ISSUES – What challenges am I facing in my life right now?
- INTERSECTIONS – What crossroads have I reached and decisions do I need to make?