1. I can FINALLY grow a beard:)..sort of
2. In 3 to 5 years I’ll be considered smart (My dad told me this:)
3. The world is bigger than our perceptions of it (Thks to Thoreau)
4. Many are the plans in a man’s heart, but it is the Lord’s purposes that prevail. – Proverbs 19:21
5. Control is an illusion; people are largely self-directed.
6. I’ll always need my mom.
7. Beliefs, and the behaviors that follow from them, should be based on strong reasons not just strong emotions.
8. Some people walk around on the outside but live in emotional wheelchairs on the inside…Accept that fact and show mercy.
9. I can’t fix something on the inside using something from the outside.
10. I CAN fix and repair mechanical things (Thks. M. Scott Peck)
11. I can’t talk my way out of problems I behaved my way into (Thks Stephen Covey)
12. I am stronger than the doubts that linger.
13. Love. Period.
14. In relationships efficiency is not very effective…take time.
15. Honor given by me to others and to me from others is power.
16. I always have a choice.
17. Our happiness begins with the identifying of true and false things.
18. What I eat in private I wear in public (ouch!)
19. It’s easier to get into something than it is to get out.
20. If anything can be misunderstood, it will be misunderstood…so OVER-communicate if I need to.
21. When it comes to raising children…the days are long but the years are short.
22. I can connect what I’m learning with what I already know to create foundational knowledge.
23. Personal growth can make me feel foolish as I admit my ignorance, but that’s the price of admission to the school of success.
24. Success has many definitions.
25. Money does have its uses…and abuses.
26. People grow by “decision-managing” more than “decision-making”.
27. Life expands or contracts in proportion to my willingness to act courageously.
28. I can make my point without making an enemy.
29. There’s more than my way of doing things.
30. God does exist and Jesus is God.
31. It’s more emotionally fulfilling to serve than to have someone serve me.
32. Thinking is hard work.
33. Wealthy people have large libraries not just big tv’s (Thks Jim Rohn)
34. Doing what’s taboo isn’t as much fun as it looks.
35. Faithfulness is worth fighting for in faith and relationships.
36. Finding mentors to help coach me to go to the next level has been one of the best decisions I’ve made.
37. This present pain is temporary.
38. I know how hard it is to beat addiction.
39. Thoughts cause emotions. Control your thoughts and you direct your emotions.
40. Heaven exists.
AND ONE BONUS SECRET…
41. He who finds a wife finds a good thing and obtains favor from the Lord. – Proverbs 18:22